Forum Category Description And Resources

mjhombmjhomb Posts: 13 Jr. Member - 1/5 EOS Tokens

On the landing page for a category, it would be nice to include an intro with enough info to get someone up to speed to participate. I'm thinking links to background reading mainly and context, what the category is trying to achieve.

e.g. for the Eos Governance, Economics and Philosophy category

- Draft a constitution
- Explore governance structure, three pillars being suggested - Block Producers, Arbitration, Referenda
- Explore interactions between external legal structures (international law, local law), platform governance, dapp level governance
- Incentivizing adequate participation or rewards at each level

Link to background reading - Dan's sample consitution, Ian Grigg's papers on trust and governance, the Ostrom book which seems to be informing some of the discussion, links to working documents like the one Thomas Cox is starting, to the telegram channel for more casual discussions/questions.

Also suggested tags perhaps.

Is it possible? I think it would help people to get their bearings and find a place to start contributing. Ii would be really great if Thomas Cox or Ian Grigg maintained the landing page for governance.

I guess at this stage the preferred governance model would be a DoOcracy and that would be you Kev. I know that there is some great DoOcracy work going with the block producers too.

https://communitywiki.org/wiki/DoOcracy

Comments

• KevKev Posts: 399 admin
    edited January 12

Fantastic idea @mjhomb - asking the other admins what they think and then we can figure out how to get it done on here. This kind of background knowledge and education resource layering is the whole reason we have these forums.

Is it possible? I think it would help people to get their bearings and find a place to start contributing. Ii would be really great if Thomas Cox or Ian Grigg maintained the landing page for governance.

Quoting this part in particular so we make sure Thomas and Ian see it, we definitely need a progress/info landing page as our governance model begins to form. We're lucky to be working with such industry heavyweights in helping form the EOS governance structure.

I guess at this stage the preferred governance model would be a DoOcracy and that would be you Kev. I know that there is some great DoOcracy work going with the block producers too.

https://communitywiki.org/wiki/DoOcracy

This is definitely how I've approached the situation thus far except now I have four other admins to answer to and collaborate with, which has allowed for some insight into what it might be like to get things done as a DAC. So far in my experience, just like you mentioned, it's most effective to come up with an idea and then do it first then show the others before implementation for them to tweak instead of create. This way we can avoid paralysis by analysis while still keeping everyone happy.

• KevKev Posts: 399 admin

@mjhomb said:

Note: I just put up a test message at the top of all pages in this category only, see what you think. Doesn't allow for HTML but I can look into this further.