Machine Readable Forums Charter

thomasbcoxthomasbcox Posts: 148 Sr. Member - 1/5 EOS Tokens

In addition to the already posted beautifully formatted Charter for the EOS Go forums, I felt a desire to make another copy available that would show up via text searches, and would facilitate quoting and replying. This post provides that copy.

EOSGo Forums Charter

01.08.2018 - forums.eosgo.io

Mission: To be the EOS community’s preferred hub for Q&A, discussion, and consensus.

Objectives:

• Provide resources for EOS block producers, governance builders, developers and project managers to self-organize and successfully launch EOS mainnet.
  • Coordinate events supporting the June 2018 genesis block.
  • Adapt with the EOS community to continue our Mission after blockchain launch.

Scope:

EOS Go forums shall always strive to respect freedom of speech and opinion without censorship.
Two distinctions will be made, only when instigated by the EOS Go community:

• Hateful/abusive behavior is flagged by three or more community members. Harmful content will be removed and the user given a warning for first infraction, ban for the second.
  • Spam is blocked by forum bots and confirmed under review by 3 of 5 admins. Same warning/ban process as above.

Admin powers include:

• “Minor changes” including cosmetic, moving miscategorized posts, and software maintenance.

Admin powers do not include:

• Post removal or banning of users without following due process above.
  • Editing of posts at any time.
  • Modification of upvotes.

FAQ:

• How are rules made and new forum categories created?

Suggestions should be posted to the Forum Improvements category - if a suggestion receives upvotes equal to more than 51% of the community it will be approved. “Minor” rule changes will be made when 3 of 5 admins agree.

• What gets flagged as spam and how can I dispute?

Spam will be further covered in a post under the “EOS Go Forum Improvements” category.

• Why would a user get banned?

• For repeatedly making posts that are off-topic, unprofessional, or disrespectful of others; being flagged by three community members, and receiving one unheeded warning.
    • A pattern of spamming the forum or of using the spam flag maliciously against non-spam content (e.g. flagging content they merely disagree with)
    • Further community consensus that they are “trolling”. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
  • Who are the current admins and why were they appointed?

• EOS Go started with a group of volunteers and block.one employees to realize the EOS.IO vision of a community launch in 2018. The current admins are volunteers.
  • Why was this platform created?

• To provide a forum in which the community could self-organize to successfully launch EOS public blockchain.

Drafted by: Kevin Wilcox, Bluejays, Paul Atreides, Thomas Cox, Michael Yeates.

If this was helpful, please UPVOTE. If not, please REPLY so I can improve.

Thomas Cox
blockchain governance expert - active in the EOSIO ecosystem
US: +1 503.516.3886

(all opinions are my own)

Comments

• KevKev Posts: 399 admin

Thank you Thomas! I will edit this into the post in General chat as well if you want.

• thomasbcoxthomasbcox Posts: 148 Sr. Member - 1/5 EOS Tokens

@Kev said:
    Thank you Thomas! I will edit this into the post in General chat as well if you want.

You're welcome -- and only if you feel so moved.

If this was helpful, please UPVOTE. If not, please REPLY so I can improve.

Thomas Cox
    blockchain governance expert - active in the EOSIO ecosystem
    US: +1 503.516.3886

(all opinions are my own)