It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
In addition to the already posted beautifully formatted Charter for the EOS Go forums, I felt a desire to make another copy available that would show up via text searches, and would facilitate quoting and replying. This post provides that copy.
01.08.2018 - forums.eosgo.io
EOS Go forums shall always strive to respect freedom of speech and opinion without censorship.
Two distinctions will be made, only when instigated by the EOS Go community:
Admin powers include:
Admin powers do not include:
How are rules made and new forum categories created?
Suggestions should be posted to the Forum Improvements category - if a suggestion receives upvotes equal to more than 51% of the community it will be approved. “Minor” rule changes will be made when 3 of 5 admins agree.
What gets flagged as spam and how can I dispute?
Spam will be further covered in a post under the “EOS Go Forum Improvements” category.
Why would a user get banned?
- For repeatedly making posts that are off-topic, unprofessional, or disrespectful of others; being flagged by three community members, and receiving one unheeded warning.
- A pattern of spamming the forum or of using the spam flag maliciously against non-spam content (e.g. flagging content they merely disagree with)
- Further community consensus that they are “trolling”. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
Who are the current admins and why were they appointed?
- EOS Go started with a group of volunteers and block.one employees to realize the EOS.IO vision of a community launch in 2018. The current admins are volunteers.
Why was this platform created?
- To provide a forum in which the community could self-organize to successfully launch EOS public blockchain.
Drafted by: Kevin Wilcox, Bluejays, Paul Atreides, Thomas Cox, Michael Yeates.
If this was helpful, please UPVOTE. If not, please REPLY so I can improve.
blockchain governance expert - active in the EOSIO ecosystem
US: +1 503.516.3886
(all opinions are my own)