New category: Worker Proposals

SamupahaSamupaha Posts: 33 Jr. Member - 1/5 EOS Tokens

Launch of the blockchain is getting closer. I think it would be a good time to open a forum for worker proposals. We should start the discussion how to use worker funds.

Best place is probably under "Governance Discussions".

Comments

• KevKev Posts: 360 admin

Great idea, going to start it and we can build it out, even though they aren't due to be implemented until Q3 or Q4 of this year.> @Samupaha said:

Launch of the blockchain is getting closer. I think it would be a good time to open a forum for worker proposals. We should start the discussion how to use worker funds.

Best place is probably under "Governance Discussions".

• SamupahaSamupaha Posts: 33 Jr. Member - 1/5 EOS Tokens

@Kev said:
    Great idea, going to start it and we can build it out, even though they aren't due to be implemented until Q3 or Q4 of this year.

Is there somewhere more info on that? Is it just the UI etc. or are the worker funds completely locked until the whole feature is implemented?

• KevKev Posts: 360 admin
    edited April 12

@Samupaha said:

@Kev said:
    Great idea, going to start it and we can build it out, even though they aren't due to be implemented until Q3 or Q4 of this year.

Is there somewhere more info on that? Is it just the UI etc. or are the worker funds completely locked until the whole feature is implemented?

Now that I look around more I realize I can't find where it was said they're delayed - about 80% sure I saw this in an off-hand comment from Dan in the EOS general Telegram chat but can't find it now. There weren't any details about whether the voting system was delayed or the actual funds, just a note about the estimated timeline.

• SamupahaSamupaha Posts: 33 Jr. Member - 1/5 EOS Tokens

There was a little bit information in the whitepaper:

The system contracts that implement Worker Proposals may not be in place at initial launch in June 2018, but the funding mechanism will. It will begin to accumulate funds at the same time block producer awards start. Since the Worker Proposal System will be implemented in WASM it can be added at a later date without a fork.