Team Building

EOS Community,

It’s commonly agreed that it takes a team to build something great. What could a team of diverse thinkers with multiple skillsets accomplish in a DAC?

My understanding is that the success of EOS is largely dependent on trust. Truthfully, I am not sure which sector offers the best path to success. I’ve seen from my experience in Fintech that too many American boomers will not have enough saved for retirement, and it’s critical that we do a better job in preparing people. It also seems that there is a great need to improve healthcare, and perhaps blockchain can solve the challenges currently faced in areas such as DICOM. Both of these industries are highly regulated which will certainly pose unique challenges. Could this also be the moat which provides a barrier to entry for competitors? I do believe decentralized companies will need to work with regulators, but how challenging will it be to navigate the laws in what is generally still a misunderstood technology?

My hope is that this will reach those who are interested in working together to build something great as part of a comprehensive team. Perhaps we can generate a good discussion of ideas and DACs going forward. If you are of a similar mindset, please comment or message.

Sincerely,

Rob 

Comments

• KevKev Posts: 360 admin
    edited February 19

@RobJ said:
    EOS Community,

It’s commonly agreed that it takes a team to build something great. What could a team of diverse thinkers with multiple skillsets accomplish in a DAC?

My understanding is that the success of EOS is largely dependent on trust. Truthfully, I am not sure which sector offers the best path to success. I’ve seen from my experience in Fintech that too many American boomers will not have enough saved for retirement, and it’s critical that we do a better job in preparing people. It also seems that there is a great need to improve healthcare, and perhaps blockchain can solve the challenges currently faced in areas such as DICOM. Both of these industries are highly regulated which will certainly pose unique challenges. Could this also be the moat which provides a barrier to entry for competitors? I do believe decentralized companies will need to work with regulators, but how challenging will it be to navigate the laws in what is generally still a misunderstood technology?

My hope is that this will reach those who are interested in working together to build something great as part of a comprehensive team. Perhaps we can generate a good discussion of ideas and DACs going forward. If you are of a similar mindset, please comment or message.

Sincerely,

Rob 

Love your post @RobJ - I agree we need to come together and share skills so that we may all prosper in this new sharing economy. Currently we have many good ideas floating around on the EOS Opportunities Telegram channel, however DACs will still need leaders to step up and take the ideas to some level of fruition, before others will jump on board and carry the collective towards success.

Somewhat unrelated but very relevant: a recent documentary about the oncoming sharing economy, or "Third Industrial Revolution" as they call it. Encompasses all things surrounding this revolution and blockchain/EOS is a big part of these changes we'll experience together. Here's the YouTube link, currently watching it on 1.5x speed (long but worth it):

• RobJRobJ Posts: 4 Brand New

Thanks @Kev for the comment. Great video! I'll definitely take a look at the Telegram

• thomasbcoxthomasbcox Posts: 139 Sr. Member - 1/5 EOS Tokens

Intriguing. On the one hand, every team requires trust internally. On the other hand, blockchain is about giving people a trustworthy environment built out of untrusted pieces.

I think any industry or sector can support a DAC.

If this was helpful, please UPVOTE. If not, please REPLY so I can improve.

Thomas Cox
    blockchain governance expert - active in the EOSIO ecosystem
    US: +1 503.516.3886

(all opinions are my own)

• RobJRobJ Posts: 4 Brand New

Thanks @thomasbcox !

• ashionbaxashionbax Posts: 3 Brand New

@RobJ said:
    EOS Community,

Sincerely,

Rob 

@RobJ said:
    EOS Community,

Sincerely,

Rob 

• ashionbaxashionbax Posts: 3 Brand New

Thanks for the insides what is coming next

• PerseverantonePerseverantone Posts: 1 Brand New

I really Hope I am not posting in the wrong forum group. I want to buy between 1000-5000 USD worth of EOS, using the ICO. But I am confused. I can't find on ICO anywhere that lets me know I will get 1EOS for $0.99 Cents. Under the ICO page I can't figure out what happens if a day Sells out 100% would that mean I get less EOS? Also being able to pick dates as to when to receive EOS shares. I am so confused can anyone help me?

Sincere Gratitude for any help.,

C. B. Erz