Reputation in the EOS Community - Points and Member Ranks

KevKev Posts: 399 admin
edited February 27 in General

These forums have a five tier ranking system for contributors - much like Bitcointalk - based on account age and an automated point system. Points and tiers can be earned only by receiving upvotes from others for quality discussion or by asking/answering questions (similar to Quora or Stack Overflow, users can post questions on EOS Go forums and designate the best answer for future use).

Certain amazing individuals in EOS Telegram chats are helpful, patient and insightful but have no way for others to see the contributions they've made or recognition they deserve. Points and ranks earned on EOS Go forums can help solve this problem.

Ranks share the same names as Bitcointalk, in a nod to the significance of that forum and because most people here are already familiar with the terms.

Brand New
Less than 3 days old and/or less than 10 upvotes

Jr. Member -
Older than 3 days and recipient of 10 upvotes.

Member -
Older than 2 weeks and recipient of 50 upvotes.

Sr. Member -
Older than 4 weeks and recipient of 100 upvotes.

Hero Member -
Older than 8 weeks and recipient of 300 upvotes.

Legendary -
Older than 20 weeks and recipient of 750 upvotes, or Dan.

Comments

• benmbenm Posts: 10 Jr. Member - 1/5 EOS Tokens

Excellent. Hopefully this forum will become a valuable resource for the EOS community.

• Paul_AtreidesPaul_Atreides Posts: 15 admin

Any idea about the difference between "Promote" and "Vote up" ?

• KevKev Posts: 399 admin

@Paul_Atreides said:

It's an admin only feature - promotes posts that deserve extra attention and I think awards 5 upvotes to the author. I haven't used it and propose disabling it, titles and rank should be earned organically.

Here is the Vanilla documentation for a better explanation: https://docs.vanillaforums.com/help/reputation/reactions/curating-with-reactions/

On a side note, I'm currently working on improving this section to explain the ranks and what it takes to achieve them. Looking to keep rank titles the same as Bitcointalk - Jr. Member, Sr. Member, Legendary, so on - as a nod to the significance of that forum and because most people here are familiar with it.

• Paul_AtreidesPaul_Atreides Posts: 15 admin

@Kev said:

@Paul_Atreides said:

It's an admin only feature - promotes posts that deserve extra attention and I think awards 5 upvotes to the author. I haven't used it and propose disabling it, titles and rank should be earned organically.

Here is the Vanilla documentation for a better explanation: https://docs.vanillaforums.com/help/reputation/reactions/curating-with-reactions/

On a side note, I'm currently working on improving this section to explain the ranks and what it takes to achieve them. Looking to keep rank titles the same as Bitcointalk - Jr. Member, Sr. Member, Legendary, so on - as a nod to the significance of that forum and because most people here are familiar with it.

Excellent explanation - thanks. FWIW, I'm all for disabling the "Promote." The upvote is plenty adequate and organic development of reputation is the best way to go, IMO.

• KevKev Posts: 399 admin

Excellent explanation - thanks. FWIW, I'm all for disabling the "Promote." The upvote is plenty adequate and organic development of reputation is the best way to go, IMO.

Removed the "Promote" button and updated this post with forum rank info.