What is EOS Go? Updated With Mission Statement

KevKev Posts: 360 admin
edited March 23 in General

What is EOS Go?

We envision one powerful EOS blockchain to connect all others, plus alternate EOS chains for niche use.

We aim to bring the community together to launch this #1 blockchain, as called for by its creators, and support all other EOS chains honoring the token snapshot provided by block.one.

We are committed to serving as a bridge between block.one and the community of EOS owners.

We seek to unite token holders from every nationality, through all language barriers, to build the new internet of value.

We exist to provide resources and a blockchain launch banner for the community, so we can unite for a smooth and successful genesis block.

We are open to help from anyone who wishes to make a difference. We will empower community members to make a name for themselves, so they may create new opportunities to make a difference in this new world economy.

We are EOS Go. After June 2018, we will all be with EOS.

What aren’t we?

EOS Go is not running for block producer. We exist to help candidates and the community stay connected.

We are not a dapp company. We help community members network with dapp companies to create life changing opportunities in this new era of disruption.

We will not accept paid advertisement from anyone. We provide equal and open exposure to all who wish to participate.

We are not block.one, but instead the first DAC/DAO built for EOS. We are a self-organized group of community enthusiasts helping facilitate all EOS community launch efforts.

What we offer

Tools for anyone to work together and share progress, including:

Forums to ask/answer questions, help with governance, declare candidacy, build dapps, gain funding, and provide value to the community.

Impartial EOS news, including Telegram summaries and republishing of block.one updates.

EOS Community Announcements - Telegram channel to help any members spread the word about work they’ve done.

Video interviews with block.one, block producers, DAPP teams, and anyone else seeking to make a difference in EOS.

Educational resources.

Launch party coordination!

What you can do next:

Add “- EOS Go” after your name on Telegram to become part of the community launch effort. For example, “Thomas Cox” would become “Thomas Cox - EOS Go”. (Telegram Menu - Settings - Edit)

Attend or host meetups, get to know other impact-makers in the EOS community, create your launch party plans for June.

Living in a non-English speaking country? EOS Go seeks ambassadors to initiate this global effort in many countries and local languages.

Connect with people on Telegram or the forums to see how others are making an impact in EOS, recruit others to create dapps, seek funding through block.one or the community.

Find your passion and begin pursuing it - looking for a new job? Dapp teams will need engineers, designers, marketers, secretaries and CEOs. EOS itself will need arbitrators and even custodians; the blockchain will serve as a decentralized autonomous company and will have its own employees. Opportunities are an unlimited resource.

Let’s band together and launch this new paradigm in value creation. Thank you for reading, and go EOS!

Updated - Mission Statement:

To support the ongoing growth of a healthy EOS.IO public community and to facilitate the launch of the EOS.IO blockchain.

Scope of Operations:

• Facilitate collaboration, innovation, and coordination among all token holders.

• Support all public EOS.IO chains which honor the original ERC20-token genesis block.

• Community Interaction: Provide forums and venues for EOS.IO community & general public to discuss EOS.IO: Web forums, chat rooms, public meet-ups, video
    chats, Telegram chats, etc.

• Broadcast & Publicity: Produce and create original EOS.IO multimedia & text content. (Youtube interviews vodcasts/podcasts, blog-format posts, etc.)

• Create general token holder and BP-specific educational documentation.

• Engage in active outreach to known candidate BPs and project developers.

• Create places for the EOS.IO community to assemble & form EOS.IO governance.

• Support the organization & coordination of EOS blockchain launch events.

• Organize and coordinate EOS meetups.

Comments

• SiqiSiqi Posts: 15 Jr. Member - 1/5 EOS Tokens

proud to be part of the effort, I'm living in Chengdu, China, hoping to get in touch with other members in China!

• KevKev Posts: 360 admin
    edited January 27

@Siqi said:

proud to be part of the effort, I'm living in Chengdu, China, hoping to get in touch with other members in China!

Thank you Siqi! We are excited you have join our cause and especially with you being in China, we feel it is of the utmost importance to have members helping spread awareness and translate communications back and forth for our international effort.

EOS will be strongest if it is worldwide and block producers get an equal chance to participate, having people help communicate back and forth will be very important! Go EOS!

• adedoyinwealthadedoyinwealth Posts: 3 Brand New

This is great! I'm new here and would love to help in anyway I can.

@adedoyinwealth said:
    This is great! I'm new here and would love to help in anyway I can.

Welcome! If you want to introduce yourself for opportunities you can add to the Introductions post in the "Jobs, Gigs, and Community Projects" section. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

• rupokrupok Posts: 3 Brand New

I am new here from Bangladesh.Can i earn from here?

• stellabellestellabelle Posts: 24 Jr. Member - 1/5 EOS Tokens

This is pretty awesome for sure. I like that this group is a bridge between Block.one and EOS

• ashionbaxashionbax Posts: 3 Brand New

Hey there, here is my ART work project for EOS_GO. Please add me on the list for Digital Art competition for eos_go. please let me know if I can upload it here or somewhere else.

edited March 2

@ashionbax said:
    Hey there, here is my ART work project for EOS_GO. Please add me on the list for Digital Art competition for eos_go.! ... please let me know if I can upload it here or somewhere else.

Thank you for making this, we are very touched! Also take a look at the EOS Go T-Shirt design contest, ending in 24 hours - https://busy.org/@topkpop/digital-art-contest-t-shirt-design-win-sbd-for-eos-go-community

• SteveMengSteveMeng Posts: 1 Brand New

我是中国人,很想参与到这个伟大的任务中,我该怎么办?

建立自我,追求无我

• jasonb777jasonb777 Posts: 1 Brand New

Thank you for providing this service.

@jasonb777 said:
    Thank you for providing this service.

Thank you for participating @jasonb777 - let us know if you need help with anything.

• liorlior Posts: 1 Brand New

Hi Kev,
    Just wanted to let you know that I think you guys at EOS Go are doing an excellent job and you maybe you forgot to mention it above (or maybe you didn't want to), but I think you have another important task, And that is being a proxy.
    I know that I won't have enough time to follow all BP candidates actions and make a knowledgeable decision on how do to divide my votes among them.
    Thankfully, there are guys like you that demonstrate your good intentions and building up your reputation as contributors to the EOS ecosystem.

So I will be delegating my votes to you guys as my proxy once the network will lunch successfully :smile:

@lior said:
    Hi Kev,
    Just wanted to let you know that I think you guys at EOS Go are doing an excellent job and you maybe you forgot to mention it above (or maybe you didn't want to), but I think you have another important task, And that is being a proxy.
    I know that I won't have enough time to follow all BP candidates actions and make a knowledgeable decision on how do to divide my votes among them.
    Thankfully, there are guys like you that demonstrate your good intentions and building up your reputation as contributors to the EOS ecosystem.

So I will be delegating my votes to you guys as my proxy once the network will lunch successfully :smile:

Thank you @lior - interesting choice and agreed on it being an option. We've thought about it before - would like to make sure it's a good option on EOS before we make any commitments. Very flattered you want to delegate your votes to us - we definitely need to figure out the best way to help EOS, and this may well be one of the things we can do to help.

• bluejaysbluejays Posts: 62 admin

@lior said:
    Hi Kev,

Agree with Kev's statement. Honored to be your choice. We hope to keep earning your trust.

• 魏无忌魏无忌 Posts: 2 Brand New

EOS is very popular in China。

• enwenw Posts: 4 Brand New

@ashionbax said:
    Hey there, here is my ART work project for EOS_GO. Please add me on the list for Digital Art competition for eos_go. please let me know if I can upload it here or somewhere else.

Cool!