MVP1 Oversight and Voting

turbotrainedbambooturbotrainedbamboo Posts: 30 Jr. Member - 1/5 EOS Tokens

It has been presented that we may have a bit (understatement) of an issue from BP's wanting security fix funds in the NOW without the WPS really being in place. MVP1 is apparently the way to get something out of the door to use now to prevent BP's from grabbing funds to fix issues without proper authority. Whether this would happen or not isn't the debate here. What were here to discuss is the issue of how the oversight on creation of MVP1 should work, and what process MVP1 oversight should go through to come to consensus about the Minimum Viable Product.

I will be attaching a process / mind-map here. This is obviously a rough draft as there is no hard material I am aware of that already exists. I'm open to making changes. I will offer the XMind (software) file so that the map can be modified directly. The software is free on trial if someone wants to just do a few quick edits or make new sub-topics.

Comments

• turbotrainedbambooturbotrainedbamboo Posts: 30 Jr. Member - 1/5 EOS Tokens

v1 Oversight Map. It won't let me upload the actual XMind file to be edited. Honestly that software has some limitations. I can redo this after some discussion in a software that comes recommended (Open Source / Free) from a community member here? I'll see about putting a folder in AWS and giving permissions on it and I'll come back with a link.

Here's the really simply breakdown. I haven't approached the number of people on Oversight. What I did was present a sort of map of the process in the two ways I can see this being done.
    1. We have two groups, a group working on the MVP1 and a group who is oversight. They should be mutually exclusive individuals already known to us here. Process sample included.
    2. Far simpler, we have a group that proposes MVP1 and votes on it (end).

Let's also extend this to:

• how many people involved
    • time frames
    • how these people agree? (Do we use EOS somehow to cataloge the votes on the block?, that'd be popular)
      • In this case do we allow a 1:1 vote for each person, or allow the MVP people to use EOS weight with their own weight (I personally am not keen on that).
    • What time frame is a decision required in?
    • What can we say/do to the BP's RIGHT NOW to get them to hold themselves for a bit and wait?
    • How open is this to the community.

Other discussion topics as needed. You post 'em, we hash 'em.

If I didn't mention clearly before, please advise something mind-mappish that people use, even if it's lucid charts (yuk) I have to go to I'd rather not post PDF's of these, if they get big... well PDF won't work for everyone to look them over.

I'm willing to redo- with modifications, the existing process map in whatever format you all prefer.

• someoneElsesomeoneElse Posts: 22 Jr. Member - 1/5 EOS Tokens

Hi turbo, thanks for the contribution. The mind map is really detailed. I have a couple of thoughts so far:
    1. Is this process manageable as a MVP1? Given the touchpoints of management/governance, I'm concerned that as an interim working model it may not be agile enough or transparent enough for the community.
    2. Who governs the MVP? How is each group elected, voted in? If its just the general voting population, I think that's problematic. It's hard enough for people to vote for BPs let alone two groups that they may not understand. I think this model may work as MVP2, I think MVP1 may need to be stripped down a lot.

@someoneElse said:
    Hi turbo, thanks for the contribution. The mind map is really detailed. I have a couple of thoughts so far:
    1. Is this process manageable as a MVP1? Given the touchpoints of management/governance, I'm concerned that as an interim working model it may not be agile enough or transparent enough for the community.
    2. Who governs the MVP? How is each group elected, voted in? If its just the general voting population, I think that's problematic. It's hard enough for people to vote for BPs let alone two groups that they may not understand. I think this model may work as MVP2, I think MVP1 may need to be stripped down a lot.

Thank you for responding!
    Agile: Method #1 probably not that agile, but allows for some give and take. If agreeing on the method by which some of the steps in #1 is going to take too long theres:

Method #2 which is super simple, and if that lack of process is deemed to be a good thing then we should perhaps focus on that.

Who is the MVP1 group?
    GREAT QUESTION. I honestly jumped in to put down rough process in an attempt to get more going on this. I don't really know. I assumed that it would be members of the WPS group (firstly) and that we'd probably have to have a very simple initial vote to get some people on that board. We could vote for a small number of people and let them drag a proportional number in with them. We can attempt to allow time for people to nominate, and then cast ballots (as to how again I'm not certain).

What is your suggestion on how to figure the group out? Perhaps we do that first, then let them decide on a few versions of process to follow?

• someoneElsesomeoneElse Posts: 22 Jr. Member - 1/5 EOS Tokens

I am actually not sure on the solution. I think I need to read some of the proposals that may be out there already, including yours. I'm still playing catchup on MVP1.