Introductions

Please post who you are, a little about yourself, what skills or resources you can offer and what you are looking for.

Here is my post:
https://steemit.com/introduceyourself/@bluejays/my-introduction-post-to-the-steemit-world

• Go EOS!

Comments

• tkaraivanovtkaraivanov Posts: 24 Jr. Member - 1/5 EOS Tokens

About me:
    I've had about 10 years experience in web hosting (with some focus on security). Then I changed careers and I've been working for about 5 years as a game systems designer. > Some clarification, as it's not usually familiar outside of the game development community: a game systems designer is responsible for designing the mechanics of the game.

I'm here because I'm exploring ways that can help the gaming industry utilize blockchain technologies. I have no concrete plans yet, but I'm hoping that some will surface soon.

• husamiahusamia Posts: 4 Brand New

I am a genomics analyst with 10 years of hands on experience. I am an advocate for transparency in the science. Looking for ways to build dapps.

• Will_HWill_H Posts: 1 Brand New

Hi, I'm a writer, previously for several well known international news publications and now for European politicians. I have a strong interest in national, regional and global governance. I have no developing skills, but I'm entrepreneurial and fascinated by the potential implications of EOS. If my skills as a communicator and researcher sound useful, please get in touch.

• KevKev Posts: 399 admin

@Will_H said:
    Hi, I'm a writer, previously for several well known international news publications and now for European politicians. I have a strong interest in national, regional and global governance. I have no developing skills, but I'm entrepreneurial and fascinated by the potential implications of EOS. If my skills as a communicator and researcher sound useful, please get in touch.

Hey Will, if you're into governance and want to help form the EOS Constitution you should check out the EOS.IO Governance Telegram. Two of the leaders there are just now gearing up to bring more serious discussions here - led by @billboz and @Sam_Sapoznick

• YouYou Posts: 1 Brand New
    edited February 27

What I am looking for:

• I am a EOS game changer believer and now seeking for opportunities to get involved in EOS community building and dapps developing.

About me:

Key words: GIS, Programmer, web maps, Chinese&English

• I have 5 years experience in GIS (Geographic Information Science) application developing. Many of the applications are built on platforms like ArcGIS and Autodesk using python, C# and c++. I was the project manager in two of them.

• I also build some webmap applications displaying maps and 3d models with some general spatial analysis functionalities, they are built on the basis of the open source library Openlayers and Cesium.

• I am from China and I am good at English reading and Writing, and I also had experience in giving oral presentations in English in an meet up and an academic meeting.

WeChat: boss_whu
    Email: [email protected]
    _Telegram: https://t.me/youloveeos

• liberty4allliberty4all Posts: 1 Brand New

I've got 20+ years in software development and just over a year of experience in the crypto world. Individual liberty has long been a passion of mine and I believe that decentralized applications will play a major role in the continuing advancement of this pursuit.

I also have two years of rideshare driving experience and I believe I am in a unique position to contribute toward the creation of an "Uber killer" app on the EOS platform. I'm currently looking to find an existing team committed to making this happen or working to assemble such a team. I've already written some detailed functional specifications which could serve as a starting point for this effort.

Contact me at [email protected]

• MoeB712MoeB712 Posts: 1 Brand New

Hello all!

I'm 24 years old, been working as a software engineer at an automotive supplier for a few years now. I have a degree in Computer Science and currently working on my Master's in IT for Database Systems/Analytics. I have about 4 years of experience in automotive software development (including C/C++, RTE, UML) but I've also built an iOS app with Swift and have done various data analytics projects using Python on the side. My plan is to port over into the computer data fields very soon (hence my IT degree).

I've been in this crypto space for about a year now and was really interested in the technology. It seems that this will play a major role considering the demand is growing tremendously so it's best to get involved sooner than later.

Looking forward to getting involved and contributing to the EOS (and blockchain) community!

• uriusurius Posts: 2 Brand New
    edited January 23

Greetings All,

About Me:
    I'm an inquisitive, passionate, content creator, who loves creating new ideas and concepts. I breathe and naturally always think about how to make products and services better than they are today....it is just a part of my DNA.

I've spent the several years working as a Power Engineer, working on system design, product development and automation. I have experience managing large scale projects, developing specifications and standards, as well as some experience with developing project proposals and budgets. I do have a general understanding of C/C++, and previously coded in other languages.

I have been steadily devoting more time to understand EOS, and the entire blockchain space. I love creating content for the community, I've been working on my speaking skills by creating live content on youtube, and also interacting locally in my community.

I'd prefer joining a specific team looking to build something, and also plan to continue my goal of education and content development for the EOS community. I plan to allocate 10-20 hours per week to a project that I could assist.

Looking forward to learning more and joining all of you on this exciting journey!

John Paul

• schulich888schulich888 Posts: 1 Brand New

Greetings All,

About Me:

I speak fluent Chinese and English. Currently I am a Manager of Cyber Audit team in the gaming industry. I have audited various gaming systems including internet onling gaming solutions. As a MBA graduate from a Canadian business school, I am also very keen about investment, business, finance and accounting. I thought knowing both Cyber and business might help me to learn cryptos and related fradulent hacking cases faster, but you never know. I like EOS and hope we all ride a wonderful journey together! Cheers.

• chillsaucechillsauce Posts: 5 Brand New
    edited February 6

Born, raised and living in Toronto.
    Earned a Bachelor of Journalism from Ryerson University in 2009.

Woken out of slumber during an LSD trip in university, inspired to live a life dedicated to the values of Truth, Love, and Freedom. Like a lonely leaf on a branch suddenly discovering I’m attached to a beautiful tree.

Worked briefly as a chase producer for a Canadian news broadcaster.
    Been working in Financial Technology for the past 10 years in various capacities: customer service, sales, sales coaching, agent training, digital marketing, digital process management (LEAN green belt), and digital messaging product management (certified scrum master, certified product owner). At work I'm known for my customer focus, technology expertise, and ability to bring those together to design great digital customer experiences.

I was briefly director of operations and marketing at a blockchain consulting firm, but I walked away because I wasn’t a fan of the direction they were heading in (they started specializing in private ledgers when we realized you can’t do shit on ETH).

In my free time, I spend a lot of time learning about Austrian Economics, technology (especially blockchain), and the philosophy of ethics. I'm by no means a developer, but I have some aptitude for coding. I coded my first website by hand in the 7th grade on a hand-me-down Mac clone. I've since lost touch with my HTML skills, but have some pretty mean wordpress game. I've dabbled with SQL at work, and have recently started learning C++.

Like our friends at block one, I’d like to dedicate myself to creating free market solutions to secure our liberty, property and prosperity.

I'd love to get involved in designing a product that solves a problem typically addressed through tyranny. But I'd be happy to lend my skills to anyplace they could make the most impact towards the cause.

Find me on steemit or telegram: @chillsauce

Daniel Keyes - EOS Nation

• NazarNazar Posts: 3 Brand New
    edited February 6

Living in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. Majored in Systems Enginering, minored in Organizational Science. Working as a Principal Hardware Engineer brainstorming and designing media player products, their electronics, mechanical enclosures, and some robotics. Technical writing, marketing materials, product photography, graphic art...product management small team style.
    I haven't done much coding in the past 5 years but have done some small to medium size projects in assembly, C++, html, asp.net, python.
    I have also been active in the auditing of my local municipal government's Rental Licensing program over the past year through freedom of information requests as an experiment into their efficiency, transparency and fairness - there is much room for improvement...(I am a landlord to university students in the area).
    I see blockchain and EOS as the catalyst for a new and more efficient economy and government. I hope to educate more people about the value of smart contract blockchians like EOS and collaborate on projects that will accelerate wealth creation and social fairness.
    Biking, skiing, kitesurfing...beach during my downtime.
    Right now I'm working towards holding some local meetups and am interested in existing materials or suggesstions for getting the word out and attracting more people to these forums.
    Find me on telegram or Steemit @nasserous

• stellabellestellabelle Posts: 24 Jr. Member - 1/5 EOS Tokens
    edited February 8

Hi.
    I'm a writer, artist, community builder, helper, and have been in steemit non-stop since 2016. I built a Creative Commons crypto art community called Slothicorn and have plans to expand this concept into EOS. Slothicorn acts as an incubator for creative people, and creates a welcoming environment of collaboration.

Slothicorn is a voluntary collective of creatives who are providing a lot of value to people/teams/game devs and we are able to do this because all our artistic work carries a Creative Commons license. In this way, I have seen tremendous growth, and a real breaking down of walls which copyright creates. Removal of copyrights enable people in various disciplines to work easily within a community, and provide massive value. It also creates a social fabric of sharing, which makes a community extremely tight and resilient.

I'm driven to create value for the EOS community, and I'm still figuring out how to best do this. I'm also working on a video show that is entertaining, as I have discovered that most "regular" people prefer something that entertains and educates at the same time.

My main skills are: educating while entertaining, writing, leading groups and helping people, creating interesting art/graphics/vidoes/design.

I would love to find like-minded people who are interested in co-creating a vibrant artistic community in EOS. Programming without art, is not ideal. Balance is necessary in all fields, so I see that as my main role within EOS.

You can see what we have built here: https://steemit.com/@slothicorn

Any ideas are welcome.
    Thanks.

• monetashimonetashi Posts: 3 Brand New
    edited February 12

Hello everyone, here to absorb as much as possible on EOS, exploring and gravitating to what fits my personal taste, which appears to be the concepts, ideas and people of EOS.

Worked as a Software Engineer (freelance) for around 20 years, from basic, java, c/c++, perl, ruby, haskell, lisp now working with clojure. Gaming / Web / Automated Trading Systems. The "full-stack" engineer, from ops to dev. Some more experience keywords: dcos / kubernetes / docker / postgresql / cloud / emacs / vim. The usual opensource developer toolkit so to speak.

I am experiencing the crypto space as a new home, it aligns with my interests and philosophy. Freedom!, a core value, and "real" ownership of value.

Would love to be involved building our new infrastructure, and am looking where to start. EOS will probably be it :smile:

Yes one last thing, i love to play a game of chess :wink:, and am amazed by the alpha zero games!

• HumoHumo Posts: 1 Brand New

Hello EOS World :)

A bit about me:
    Got my first pc in the 90's. Been playing video games since around QUAKE and DOOM

I am aware of many technologies, programming languages etc, but i am an expert in none.

Do like hardware

Did a career that was called "digital media" but then jobs were not related. i never master anything i learn there (2d,3d,webdesign,video ed and postpro)

After many years i am seeing a light with steem (i found about steem like 2 months ago 😊) and I have learn a bit about EOS this month :blush:

I say seeing a light, because even that there are nice new technologies I do not like the path they take.

Left facebook and my gmail acc years ago, even when I had friends and family there.

In the last couple of years I been looking to open source and decentralized networks as a way to work / communicate and take back privacy.

Networks like diaspora are nice things to see around, it just needs more people / content :smiley: . would be nice to see a diaspora like network with eos :smile:

What can I offer. I have lot of free time, in fact i’m looking for a job! :) always on a budget (sometimes is scary). im searching for something to do that is inspiring, something that could power the powerless, help us all to create a better world.

Crypto, what else?

I can help with Spanish translations, I see you have a spanish category that needs content, I could help with that, also in https://forums.eosgo.io/discussion/272/bienvenidos-al-forum-100-en-espanol#latest it's not well written, sounds like portuguese, I was going to reply there with the correction but I think is more polite to first intro myself here :smile:

I will be around if you need me!, glad to help shape the future! that is why I am here!

...It got long, thanks for reading :smiley:

Keep it up!

Regards

• BodgetBodget Posts: 14 Jr. Member - 1/5 EOS Tokens

Hello EOSions!

I'm so excited about EOS, it really is going to be huge.

I am an Internet Consultant based in Nottingham, United Kingdom. My company Advanta Productions has been providing Internet solutions since 2004 which requires we have shit-hot skills in all things domains, nameservers, email, secure web hosting, wordpress and all that jazz.

Personally I have always had an aptitude for technical things due to being hyper-sensitive as a result of a childhood trauma and I've developed an almost empathic understanding of the what the designer of the gadget was thinking when they invented it, which meant I just 'got things' by being able to get access to them.

I was also fortunate be exposed to computers from an early age, me and my dad bought a zx80 kit when they first came out and later I was able to play on a variety of devices including Commodore 64, Atari 400 and Liza Macintosh before getting my first windows machine (the Amstrad with an 80MB HD) around 1991 and doing City & Guilds in C Programming.

I started working Internet full time in 1995 for Xara Networks selling Leased Lines and servers to ISPs and large corporates and since then I have broken more websites and domain names than most people get the opportunity to. I once did a project that involved setting up over 2,000 eBay Partner websites and I have done projects for Audatex, Biffa, Sony, Saab, Symantec and hundreds of smaller companies and entrepreneurs who just needed someone to "get it done, and hang the cost".

Well then a couple of years ago I came across Bitcoin and eventually got some and started arsing about trading it and other coins, and staking and mining, and I have lost a few grand 'learning shit' along the way!

The thing that really interests me about EOS, aside from the parallel processing and potentially infinite scalability, is the governance. I love the idea of distributed governance and am very keen to help evolve this part of EOS as I believe open source governance has the potential to become the new style of government, but we have along way to go before that can happen.

So I am looking to spearhead the EOS movement in the Midlands, UK, and specifically in Nottingham where I am based.

I would like to hear from anyone in the Midlands that is pro blockchain and who can code for the EOS blockchain so we can start mucking about with a test net for some clients and developing some dApps.

Looking forward to meeting up in the near future.

Best regards

Roger

• bluejaysbluejays Posts: 66 admin

@Bodget said:
    Hello EOSions!

I'm so excited about EOS, it really is going to be huge.

I am an Internet Consultant based in Nottingham, United Kingdom. My company Advanta Productions has been providing Internet solutions since 2004 which requires we have shit-hot skills in all things domains, nameservers, email, secure web hosting, wordpress and all that jazz.

Personally I have always had an aptitude for technical things due to being hyper-sensitive as a result of a childhood trauma and I've developed an almost empathic understanding of the what the designer of the gadget was thinking when they invented it, which meant I just 'got things' by being able to get access to them.

I was also fortunate be exposed to computers from an early age, me and my dad bought a zx80 kit when they first came out and later I was able to play on a variety of devices including Commodore 64, Atari 400 and Liza Macintosh before getting my first windows machine (the Amstrad with an 80MB HD) around 1991 and doing City & Guilds in C Programming.

I started working Internet full time in 1995 for Xara Networks selling Leased Lines and servers to ISPs and large corporates and since then I have broken more websites and domain names than most people get the opportunity to. I once did a project that involved setting up over 2,000 eBay Partner websites and I have done projects for Audatex, Biffa, Sony, Saab, Symantec and hundreds of smaller companies and entrepreneurs who just needed someone to "get it done, and hang the cost".

Well then a couple of years ago I came across Bitcoin and eventually got some and started arsing about trading it and other coins, and staking and mining, and I have lost a few grand 'learning shit' along the way!

The thing that really interests me about EOS, aside from the parallel processing and potentially infinite scalability, is the governance. I love the idea of distributed governance and am very keen to help evolve this part of EOS as I believe open source governance has the potential to become the new style of government, but we have along way to go before that can happen.

So I am looking to spearhead the EOS movement in the Midlands, UK, and specifically in Nottingham where I am based.

I would like to hear from anyone in the Midlands that is pro blockchain and who can code for the EOS blockchain so we can start mucking about with a test net for some clients and developing some dApps.

Looking forward to meeting up in the near future.

Best regards

Roger

Welcome @Bodget, glad to have a veteran ;) like yourself aboard the eosgo forums.

• ssanjay29ssanjay29 Posts: 8 Brand New

Hi EOSians

I am Co-Founder and CEO of Kyndor social network. Its a social network connecting the local community. I will be using EOS as part of the implementation.

Overall, I have 20 years of technological and entrepreneurial experience.Blockchain gave us the completely different perspective of solving the problem and EOS gave us the capability to achieve it. I can not imagine the solution with any other blockchain solution. Moreover, I am in process of setting up the EOS Houston meetup group. In addition, I am a blockchain speaker and active blockchain contributor in CSA(Cloud Security Alliance) group.

Thanks
    Sanjay

• bluejaysbluejays Posts: 66 admin

@ssanjay29 said:
    Hi EOSians

I am Co-Founder and CEO of Kyndor social network. Its a social network connecting the local community. I will be using EOS as part of the implementation.

Overall, I have 20 years of technological and entrepreneurial experience.Blockchain gave us the completely different perspective of solving the problem and EOS gave us the capability to achieve it. I can not imagine the solution with any other blockchain solution. Moreover, I am in process of setting up the EOS Houston meetup group. In addition, I am a blockchain speaker and active blockchain contributor in CSA(Cloud Security Alliance) group.

Thanks
    Sanjay

@ssanjay29 welcome aboard Sir.

• topkpoptopkpop Posts: 3 admin

Hi All,

I am a Video Editor/Producer, Community Builder, Content Creator (Writer & Video), and a few other things. I am majorly a content creator and the above in the Steemit community but am helping in the EOS Go community here as well. I mainly do/help with the things I enjoy which are Video editing and the like, educating and helping people, supporting artists/musicians, vodcast & podcast production.

I have been involved in the blockchain area (Steemit at the moment) since July 2017. I am motivated and have a tad bit of a perfectionist side with some things. I have already had the opportunity to be involved in EOS Go as I am the Editor in Chief and look forward to getting more involved here on the forums as well.

• lastdaysoutlawlastdaysoutlaw Posts: 1 Brand New

This is my introduceyourself from Steemit.

• someoneElsesomeoneElse Posts: 22 Jr. Member - 1/5 EOS Tokens

Hi eosGo community!

I am project manager, higher education administrator, teaching grad and other stuff. I hail from and live in Melbourne, Australia. I heard about EOS listening to Brock Pierce in an interview about 8 months ago and my curiosity has grown since then. I was also diagnosed with bipolar disorder 6 years ago and am a giant advocate of mental health education and stigma fighting.

The reason why I am most interested in EOS is DPoS and Dan Larimer's experience. I also like the fact that there is a great community attached. I believe in the unrestricted power in DLTs to facilitate global coordination.

• JetseSprey_EOSIOAmsJetseSprey_EOSIOAms Posts: 29 Jr. Member - 1/5 EOS Tokens
    edited April 14

Hi All,

I am a lawyer. Worked in tech and innovation 20 years. Broadly orientated: contract law, intellectual property, data protection, governance.

Looking forward to helping draft the constitution. To be part of this exciting new community.

I want to help to avoid mistakes (including the risk of arbitration being overturned by an outsside judge) and to ensure the constitution meets markets' demands. To help create a flexible easy to understand robust and smart system.

As Pascal once indicated: it takes more effort to produce simple texts than long ones.

Jetse Sprey
    EOS Amsterdam
    eosamsterdam.net

• summermengsummermeng Posts: 3 Brand New
    edited April 16

Hello everyone.

I am so excited to join here!

I am a full stack developer and a serial entrepreneur. I graduated from Peking University and I am based in Beijing now. Products I founded in the past few years include: Skinlab(a cosmetic platform), Rehulu.com and AppBi.com(two advertisement and ASO platforms for ios apps in China, USA and Australia).

I learned about EOS a month ago and I started to be passionate about it. I believe it will substitute Ethereum in the future and definitely there will be a lot of DApps on it.

Personally I really want to contribute more to the EOS community, and maybe join one Dapp team. Feel free to contact me on Telegram: @summermeng. Look forward to talking more with you guys!

Thanks,
    Summer

• adnodeadnode Posts: 4 Brand New
    edited April 18

Hello,

I recently had a successful exit with Market Realist, a venture-backed company founded in 2012 with 2.7 million monthly users, where I was the founder & CEO. Before that, I was head of business development at Seeking Alpha and have been in digital media / financial technology for approximately 12 years.

I'm the founder of AdNODE, an EOS-based project with the mission to bring radical transparency to digital marketing. The project is at an inception stage. We have discussed the model with digital marketing agencies which control millions in ad spending and are interested in participating in a pilot of the project. The project has also signed on a handful of talented advisors, we are in process of finalizing the white paper and have a variety of investors following the project in anticipation of a private presale.

Blockchain offers the opportunity to reinvent how the Internet functions. I believe the Internet has become increasingly centralized which has reduced transparency. EOS, in my opinion, is the most interesting and potentially high-impact public blockchain project.

I am interested in connecting with talented EOS developers and technical partners on this forum.

Best,
    Mike

• privumprivum Posts: 14 Jr. Member - 1/5 EOS Tokens

Hello everyone!

Long time lurker and great fan of EOS, and Dan in particular. Thank you for sharing your knowledge so freely with the community.

I'm an "old" infosec professional and first started playing with bitcoin way back in 2009, so I have watched this space grow in leaps and bounds over these last 9 years and am very excited to play a small role in its continuing development.

I started a company in Switzerland a few years ago called Privus which provides digital privacy and security for governments, institutions, companies and UHNWI. All our software is based on open source, p2p and full transparency to our clients and we have had great success with our flagship product, SecurLine, and our motto "Trust but verify."

Our considerable experience in playing cat and mouse games with most of the world's censors using DPI and other "hostile" tools has led us to the realisation that the world urgently needs an open censorship-resistant and surveillance-free internet that can adapt dynamically and self-heal against attacks. Even if you are able to p2p encrypt all traffic properly and securely like we do at Privus, there's always the eternal threat of metadata, traffic analysis, and even DoS attacks against centralized infrastructure.
    Blockchain technology, and specially EOS, is a perfect fit for our ambitious ideas, so we have decided to launch a new project based on EOSIO which we call Privum. The goal of Privum is pretty ambitious: nothing less than to build a new global open source peer to peer network that is censorship resistant, owned by the community of users, encrypted and incentivised so that all actors work towards pooling their resources (bandwidth) to the common good of Privum. Privum will be run on EOS and we are preparing to start raising funds in the coming months.

Until today we had not come out of stealth mode but Privum is moving forward fairly rapidly and this forum is our first public sneak peek. I thought it only fair to have the EOS community be the first to know since EOS has already given us so much and this community will become our collective home in the near future.

In the coming months we plan on starting a massive recruitment drive for the best talent out there in the EOS community. We will be hiring everything from EOS devs with great knowledge of C++, web assembly, etc, but also all types of networking gurus, devops, crypto specialists, web developers, fullstack, etc The only hard requirement is to be truly passionate about privacy, open source and blockchain technology and how we can use it ti change our world.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

We'll post more info as the project develops.

Privum - Making the internet free again

Henrique

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

• SargentoSargento Posts: 1 Brand New

So happy that you are part of the leadership in this space! Don't really need to let you know who I am as you are pretty familiar with me already. It is an exciting time and I am excited and bullish concerning EOS and have been for some time. Due to my economic status, I am not a big stakeholder in EOS, but it is the largest part of my portfolio.

Have a great week! Be talking to you.

• RhettEOSAmterdamRhettEOSAmterdam Posts: 6 Brand New

Hi to all,

I am an entrepreneur, currently, CEO of a Managed Security Service Company and I co-founded EOS Amsterdam as a candidate Block Producer together with Boy Maas and Jetse Sprey. I got very enthusiastic about EOS January 2018. Things happen so fast in this space, love it.

EOS Amsterdam is a very professional block producer on top of the AMS-IX, the second largest Internet exchange. We have a 7*24 hours team managing the platform from launch with a lot of security features.

Rhett

• lover33lover33 Posts: 3 Brand New

Hi!

This is BitSavage. Youtuber, consultant, advisor and more in the cryptoSPACE!

I love creating content and simplifying blockchain for the everyday person to comprehend: www.youtube.com/BitSavage

• bluabalenobluabaleno Posts: 16 Jr. Member - 1/5 EOS Tokens

Hello all!

I'm Jacques and I'm an entrepreneur. I was born in China, raised in New York, and now, living in Lisbon, Portugal.

Most of my time is spent on reading and writing about blockchain technologies and the the many projects that are being developed on it, specifically those having to do with the pursue of Justice, Peace and Abundance for all.

I recently published an article on Steem about Kleros, a project built on the Ethereum blockchain that aims to bring fast and fair arbitration for all.

Another series of articles I have worked on lately is one that goes through the EOS whitepaper point by point, comparing it with the Bitcoin and Ethereum, and offering context of how EOS fits in the ecosystem of blockchains today.
    You can find the latest one here.

I'm excited about what the EOS project and all the development surrounding it, especially those having to do with Law and token mechanism design.

Looking forward to interact with you all!