#1 Public website URL and at least one social media account
Public Website URL: https://eosgermany.one/
Mainnet account name: eosgermanypb
Social Media Accounts:
#2 Links to the following ID information, all posted to the Steem Blockchain
Official Block Producer Candidate Name:
- EOS Germany UG i, Gr. (haftungsbeschränkt)
Location of Company Headquarters:
- Hafenweg 26a, D'48155 Munster, Germany
Expected Location of Servers
Primary Servers Location:
- 90402, Nuernberg, Germany
- 08223, Falkenstein, Germany
- 00100, Helsinki, Finland
Secondary Servers Location:
- 60306, Frankfurt, Germany
Type of Servers
- Dedicated Servers, Amazon EC2 m4.4xlarge equivalent
Current employee list and pictures of staff
Relevant background qualifications of staff
#3 Estimate of technical specifications and total expenditure for resources by June 3, 2018
EOS Germany will operate on bare metal, rented servers from renowned provider in Germany and backup system elsewhere in Europe (France and/or Finland). Our system has 1Gbps dedicated external bandwidth. Initially, we are using "Intel Xeon W-2145 8-Core Skylake" servers with 256GB RAM, one 480 GB NVMe SSD 3D XPoint disk, and two 6 TB SATA 6 Gb/s Enterprise spinning disks (for backup and IPFS usage), and in each data center we are setting up 2 such system in a redundant configuration, for block production. Additionally, we are initially deploying 3 full nodes to serve REST API for dApps, tools and other usages.
Initially, the servers are operated with scripts and some small custom applications, but we are waiting for Subutai.io to be ready to support our usecase. If/when that is ready, we will run Subutai as the cloud operating system, to handle network configuration, application management, basic monitoring and agility to respond to higher demand. We believe that Subutai offers a more flexible setup than Kubernetes, yet is easier to both set up and operate. We expect to be on Subutai, no later than August 2018.
#4 Estimated scaling plan for hardware after June 3, 2018
Bare metal configuration was chosen for better performance and lower cost. By choosing machine rentals instead of co-location of our own hardware, we mitigate the slow cycle of purchasing, installation and configuration of high-end servers. Vendors typically spin up new machines same day, often within an hour. Vendors are also very receptive to special needs, and we see no problem scaling up to very beefy machines if that will ever be needed. These vendors also supports co-location if that makes more sense later.
Our budget calculations shows that we should be able to scale out to 1000s of saturated side chains, as well as full nodes for dApps' interfaces to use, without technical, financial or logistical issues.
#5 Community benefit project outline, only for projects expected to be public by June 3, 2018 - posted to Steem Blockchain
By June 3. 2018 EOS Germany will be predominately focusing on:
- Engaging community via social media and via our steemit account.
- Advise to companies on EOS blockchain adoption
- Participate on Meetups
In addition to this, there will be a lot of other things that we want to do towards the community and the EOS blockchain adoption.
#6 Listing of Telegram and node names for community testnet participation
- account name: eosgermanybp
- public key: EOS6YUkVzYXE2T6qLHfqN2sobZdzMjcXsYGuP3ZAdrs2AbYbW3psk
#7 Block Producer Candidate Roadmap on values, community project timeline, finances, transparency, or any other topic the candidate deems important. Please show the direction and future of your candidacy in a Steem post for the community.
Roadmap until June 3, 2018:
- Team formation April 2018 - Completed
- Scope definition and task distribution May 2018 - Completed
- Webpage creation May 2018 - Completed
- EOS Germany UG i, Gr. founding - In Progress
- Cooperation with the Data Center providers for large scalebility - In Progress
- Meet with Germany Blochchain influencers - in progress
- Established relations with other Block producers - in progress
- Join EOS-BIOS Boot effort with small test server - completed on 23 May 2018.
- Standing up production grade servers, running the EOS-BIOS Boot, in Germany - in progress
- Block producer fail-over solution deployed - in progress
Roadmap after June 3, 2018:
- Monitoring Solution - not started
- Migration to Subutai - not started
- Scaling the distributed Datacenter according to demand - not started
The key values for EOS Germany are:
- Transparency - EOS Germany is owned by its founders with no other entity involved. We comply with all market standards for founding and running a company in Germany
- Competency - Our team is composed to cover all functions of a successful EOS Block producer. They have already proved to be capable to found and successfully develop several companies in different countries.
- Community benefit - We are of the opinion that EOS requires an economical Testnet, where dApp developers can test their models, e.g the creation and distribution of Tokens (e.g. a Airdrop). This dApp-Testnet can be implemented as a Sidechain that we are going to support.
EOS Germany would like to achieve the following milestones
6 Months after the official roll out:
- Stabilize technology and fix all glitches
- Establish consulting practice regarding EOS technology for startups, SMEs and Corporations
- Run regular meetups with partners
- Establish connections with Education bodies over creating a Blockchain technology course/s for students
12 Months after the official roll out:
- First German dApp created with the support of EOS Germany
- Supporting Education for student and actively participating on lectures
- Create a network of <50 Startups, SMEs where adoption of EOS technology would be supported
24 Months after the official roll out:
- Germany belong among leader in adopting EOS technology
- EOS Germany becomes trusted partner to businesses in Germany and in Europe
#8 Position on Dividends (The sharing of Block Producer inflation rewards with unaffiliated voters, AKA "vote buying.")
EOS Germany prides itself for being held to the highest standards, and "vote buying" and other direct incentives are in our view unethical. That said, will it work for others who does this? Yes, we think so, especially for EOS token owners that are not in it for the principles of EOS, e.g. technological and social change, but purely for financial gains. We intend to work closely with existing and new companies, primarily in Germany and Europe at large, to assist them to take full advantage of the EOS platform. By doing this, we anticipate to earn their trust, get their votes by honest means, beneficial to the entire EOS ecosystem. The incentives we offer is getting more users and applications on to the EOS platform, hence increasing the platform value for everyone.
EOS Germany hereby declares that surplus funds will not be directed toward direct incentives (monetary, tokens, or otherwise) to persuade token holder to vote for us.
How to contact us?
Ideally you write to Peter ([email protected]) or you use one of the channels mentioned in #1