EOS Telegram Summary 1/7/18 - Greek Goddess of the Dawn?

@Dan was up late again on general chat and it was time to ask him a community question that's been weighing on our minds:

More to come! EOS general talking about hardware wallets, specifically Nano vs. Trezor (independent review):

On whether these hardware wallets are affected by Meltdown:

Eric discovers the final answer:

Ian Grigg of block.one drops a recommendation and then a warning back-to-back:

On what EOS might stand for:

Ian helps newcomers find EOS info and links to a podcast interview with Dan:

Another interview recommendation:

Ian tackles a common question about Bitshares and Steem migrating to EOS:

Over in EOS Developers, Touch ID security was brought up from Dan's interview two weeks ago:

EOS.IO Governance had a repeat of yesterday with Michael Yeates, Eva, and Ian banging heads:

Finally, in a tiny Telegram channel for enterprising block producer candidates (separate from the suddenly quiet BlockPros chat), the genesis plans for a community testnet were finalized:

Go EOS!

EOS Go aims to unite the community towards launching EOS blockchain - future of the web 3.0 - as envisioned by block.one. Anyone can participate in this historic event by voting with tokens, hosting/attending meetups and launch parties, writing the EOS constitution, picking data centers for block producing, and much more.

If you're interested in being involved with the EOS genesis block, please start by finding your niche on the community forums and share EOS Go to help spread the word.

Telegram users can receive announcements for these daily summaries and other community updates here.

Comments

• An idea came to me that maybe we can write the names of early community members into the genesis block. I think thats going to means a lot.

• KevKev
    edited January 2018

@Siqi said:
    An idea came to me that maybe we can write the names of early community members into the genesis block. I think thats going to means a lot.

That's a very exciting idea! You should make a new thread with this to help get everyone started thinking about how we should handle genesis block.

• @Kev said:

@Siqi said:
    An idea came to me that maybe we can write the names of early community members into the genesis block. I think thats going to means a lot.

That's a very exciting idea! You should make a new thread with this to help get everyone started thinking about how we should handle genesis block.

Thanks for the advice!;)