Blockchain Launch Party Network - Proposal and Discussion
Yesterday in the BlockPros Telegram - Ian Grigg confirmed that we the community are responsible for any launch parties or activities surrounding the EOS genesis block.
Which got me thinking about a blockchain launch network for anyone hosting meetups in their city. EOS Go would apply for funding from block.one and attempt to offer a "franchise model" launch party packet for interested meetup hosts, including:
- Funding for a venue - either funneled through EOS Go to interested parties, or through a channel from block.one to the qualified host, as vetted by the EOS Go community.
- Additional budget for party items such as food, organizers, decorations, disco ball etc
- Template invitations and graphics
- Exclusive launch T-shirts and/or other swag
- Live-stream hangout for party to plug into
- Proposed agenda for host to modify as needed
What are the qualifiers for a "franchisee" to successfully secure funding?
- At least two local meetups before April 15, 2018 with video or photo evidence
- Team of two or more organizers?
I'm opening this discussion to you guys for further ideas - how should the application process work? Do we have a max number of parties? How do we ensure the funding is spent appropriately?
Also paging @thomasbcox - are we misguided in thinking block.one could provide funding for an initiative such as this?